"So pitiful" Yang Hee-eun leaning on a cane... even underwent cancer surgery before a corneal transplant.
Singer Yang Hee-eun revealed that she underwent cancer surgery in April of this year.
On the web variety show "Kim Young-chul Original," released on the 18th, Yang Hee-eun met with comedian Kim Young-chul and shared updates on her life.
On that day, Kim Young-chul visited the cafe run by Yang Hee-eun in Buyeo-gun, South Chungcheong Province, and said, "I came to Buyeo to take care of you because you recently had eye surgery." Earlier, Yang Hee-eun underwent a corneal transplant last June.
Kim Young-chul also mentioned a photo Yang Hee-eun posted on social media, expressing concern by saying, "I felt so sorry for her because she was using a cane."
Yang Hee-eun replied, "I asked comedian Lee Sung-mi to take the picture, but how can you take it from the bottom of the stairs looking up?" She added, "She took it in a really funny way. My face wasn't that swollen."
When Kim Young-chul remarked, "Your face looks great right now," Yang Hee-eun confessed that she had undergone cancer surgery, stating, "Actually, I had cancer surgery in April and eye surgery in June." Yang Hee-eun was diagnosed with terminal ovarian cancer at the age of 30 and given only three months to live.
Yang Hee-eun shared an anecdote about meeting comedian Park Mi-sun, who is also battling cancer, and cheering each other on by shouting "Arm Strong." In response, Kim Young-chul said that he, too, recently sang a modified version of the girl group aespa's song "Next Level" to Park Mi-sun, changing the lyrics to "Cancer Patient Next Level."
Yang Hee-eun asked, "Doesn't it get tiring going around cheering people on like that? Do you ever feel your energy draining?" When Kim Young-chul replied, "Sometimes," Yang Hee-eun joked that if you never feel your energy draining, you aren't human.
Kim Young-chul revealed his own method of rest, saying, "That is why I recharge. I don't make plans with anyone on Sundays."