Season 16 Gwangsu, the full story of his second divorce: “Registered marriage to go on a trip, divorced after returning home.” Denying being a “divorced single” (Dating War)
The full story behind Kwang-soo from the 16th season claiming he was not a "double divorcee" has been revealed.
Episode 12 of JTBC's "Love War," which aired on September 14, featured the "I Am Solo" divorcee special with Kwang-soo (Jung Il-dae) from the 16th season and Hyun-sook (Kim So-yeon) from the 22nd season.
Hyun-sook surprised everyone by saying, "I have a question for you, oppa. I asked you before, though I'm not sure if you remember. Right before we parted ways after arguing in the underground parking lot, you said, 'Kong-kong, I've been divorced twice, but I'm not a double divorcee.'"
Kwang-soo's second marriage was not typical. While planning a long-term world trip with a former girlfriend, he hurriedly signed the papers and departed the country after her parents demanded, "If you're going on a long trip, register your marriage first." However, he decided to divorce during the trip and immediately proceeded with legal procedures upon his return. It meant that she did not acknowledge herself as a "divorced single" because she had divorced after merely registering her marriage from a simple dating relationship, without even meeting her parents, let alone holding a formal meeting between families or a wedding ceremony.
Hyun-sook expressed her hurt feelings, stating that during the argument in the parking lot, Kwang-soo made a remark to the effect of, "You have a child. Sang-cheol, Young-ho, Kwang-soo, and Young-soo (from the 16th season) all said they didn't want women with children, but I was the one who accepted a divorcee with children." In response, Kwang-soo quickly stepped forward to clarify, saying, "The nuance and context of what was said at the time were different."
Seo Jang-hoon defended her, saying, "Legally, she is a divorcee. She wants to downplay it in front of the person she loves." Seo Jang-hoon added, "'You have a child' is asking who has the worse conditions. It is likely a misunderstanding that arose during the process of speaking on equal footing, asking, 'You have a child too, so isn't it similar,' because she felt that being married three times is disadvantageous when getting married."