Joo Sang-wook revealed that he experienced the public's reaction at a fish market after taking on his first complete villain role in the drama *Chief Kim*, drawing laughter by confessing that he heard comments such as "You shouldn't do that" and "You're too mean."
In the 512th episode of SBS's *My Ugly Duckling*, which aired on the 13th, actor Joo Sang-wook appeared as a guest and showcased his wit.
On this day, Joo Sang-wook shared his thoughts on playing the villain Joo Kang-chan in the drama *Chief Kim*.
Joo Sang-wook candidly confessed, "It was my first time playing a complete villain. It might sound a little strange, but it was so much fun."
Joo Sang-wook found the enjoyment of playing a villain in the character's power.
Joo Sang-wook drew laughter by explaining, "Unlike reality, since it was a role with strong power, everything went exactly as I said it," adding, "I enjoyed filming until I got hit by Chief Kim (So Ji-sub)."
Upon hearing this, Shin Dong-yup cracked a joke by mentioning Joo Sang-wook's real-life married life. Shin Dong-yup made the set burst into laughter by saying, "In the drama, everything went exactly as I said, but when I go home, I have to listen to my wife, Cha Ye-ryun."
An anecdote was also shared about how he experienced the reactions to his villainous image in real life.
Seo Jang-hoon began by saying, "Joo Sang-wook went to a fish market recently and got cursed at."
In response, Joo Sang-wook said, "They really enjoyed the drama," adding, "I heard things like, 'You shouldn't do that,' and 'You're so mean,'" making the aftermath of his villainous role feel real.
Heartwarming stories from the cast of the drama *Chief Kim* were also mentioned.
When Seo Jang-hoon remarked, "So Ji-sub is famous for gifting pure gold to the *Chief Kim* team," Joo Sang-wook revealed, "I received some too. I gifted pure gold to every staff member with my own money. I'm keeping it safe."
Upon hearing this, Shin Dong-yup responded with a witty remark. Shin Dong-yup added to the humor by saying, "Then I will also give pure silver to the entire staff on the last day of filming for 'My Ugly Duckling.' Silver prices have gone up a lot lately."
Joo Sang-wook also shared stories about his daughter.
When Seo Jang-hoon asked, "Your daughter is already nine years old. Who does she resemble more, you or your wife?" Joo Sang-wook replied, "I think she resembles her dad above the nose. Her personality seems to be very much like mine. She is very calm."
He then drew laughter by honestly confessing, "I hope she resembles my personality more in the future."