Kim Hye-sun, Sudden Broadcast Suspension → There Was a Reason for Heading to Germany… "Severe Depression, Even Having Bad Thoughts" ('Morning Yard')
Comedian Kim Hye-sun revealed the reason she suddenly left for Germany and shared the story of when she met her husband, Stefan.
On the KBS1 program "Morning Plaza," which aired on the 14th, Kim Hye-sun and her German husband, Stefan, appeared to share various stories, including their dating story.
On this day, Kim Hye-sun recalled, "I first met my husband on a blind date at a German restaurant. I was an hour late for our appointment, so I thought he would be gone, but he was waiting for me." Stefan added, "I was waiting because I was worried," creating a heartwarming moment.
He continued, saying that Kim Hye-sun was "cute and pretty" and revealed, "I hugged her the moment I first saw her." Kim Hye-sun shared, "When I first hugged her, I felt a warm sensation, and I had the feeling that 'I might be able to marry this person.'"
Hearing this, Stefan also confessed, "I was happy," adding, "I fell in love with Hye-sun right away. I thought I wanted to meet her one more time." Kim Hye-sun explained, "He told me that even though I am a celebrity, I looked lonely seeing me alone in a dark room at home," adding, "My husband thought it would be good to get married at that time, but I had decided from the beginning that I wanted to get married." She also said, "We met in Germany for about 100 days. International couples have to choose a country. I agonized a lot over whether to choose Korea or Germany, but my husband greatly respected my profession."
Earlier in January, Kim Hye-sun also mentioned the difficult times she went through on 'Morning Plaza'.
KBS1's 'Morning Plaza' airs every weekday at 8:25 AM.
In 2018, Kim Hye-sun married Stefan Siegel, a German national.