'Three-time Divorcee' Kim Hye-young Returns After 8 Years: "Shocked by Rapid Aging... I Will Take Care of Myself"
Kim Hye-young, the first North Korean defector and actress, shared updates on her life and skin concerns on a TV show.
Kim Hye-young appeared on Channel A's variety show "Beauty Clinic Touch Me," which aired on the 25th, to receive a diagnosis regarding rapid aging and improper skincare habits.
Kim Hye-young, who was once active and known as the "North Korean Hwang Shin-hye," revealed that she had taken a hiatus of about eight years due to three divorces and being a victim of fraud.
She stated, "I took a break from broadcasting to focus on my child, but I decided to return after my child told me to 'do work that makes Mom happy.'" She added, "My weight increased due to menopause and stress," and continued, "Now, I want to invest in myself rather than elsewhere."
A video observing Kim Hye-young's daily life revealed habits that damage the skin barrier, such as using gua sha on dry skin or rubbing her face with alcohol swabs. A team of medical specialists presented a three-step customized solution to correct these improper care methods. Four weeks later, Kim Hye-young returned to the studio looking significantly recovered.
Kim Hye-young has been active as the first North Korean defector actor since defecting in 1998.
☞Gonggam Media