Jo Hye-ryeon opened 5 stores after ‘this store’ became a huge hit, but they all closed down… “It was too cold in the winter”

Broadcaster Jo Hye-ryeon (56) revealed that about 10 years ago, she opened up to five shaved ice franchise stores before closing them down.On the 16th, Jo Hye-ryeon shared an episode about meeting broadcaster Kim Gura, a friend of 30 years, in a video uploaded to her YouTube channel, Jo Hoe-ryeon: Jo Hye-ryeon.Jo Hye-ryeon debuted in 1993 through a special recruitment by KBS, while Kim Gura debuted in the same year through an open recruitment by SBS. The two looked back on the years, saying they became close while working together on the MBC variety show Sebakwi (2008–2015) and the SBS program Bungeoppang (2009–2015).When Jo Hye-ryeon said, Gura didnt have warmth back then. Neither of us had any peace of mind, Kim Gura remarked, Didnt you run five shaved ice shops back then too? referring to Jo Hye-ryeon, who also lacked peace of mind at the time.Jo Hye-ryeon expressed her bitterness, saying, Thats right. I messed it all up, and hinted at the difficulties of running a shaved ice shop during the winter season, remarking, It was so cold in the winter.It is known that Jo Hye-ryeon operated five stores in the Gyeonggi-do area about 10 years ago, during the early days when Sulbing was expanding into a franchise business.A few months ago, Jo Hye-ryeon mentioned this on another YouTube broadcast, stating, I opened a store in Incheon when there were only 13 stores nationwide. She said that she entered the market as a frontrunner, and the business did so well that customers would line up; she was so excited that she was thinking about the store even while attending church services. She added, I got greedy, so I looked for a location whenever I saw a second-floor spot. That is why I opened five locations.However, expanding the business was a risky move. Jo Hye-ryeon stated that she failed the business because it was difficult to get through the winter off-season, saying, People dont eat it in the winter because its cold. He stated, As time went by, things became so difficult that I sold them one by one at a loss. Thats how I learned about life.

Broadcaster Jo Hye-ryeon (56) revealed that about 10 years ago, she opened up to five shaved ice franchise stores before closing them down.

On the 16th, Jo Hye-ryeon shared an episode about meeting broadcaster Kim Gura, a friend of 30 years, in a video uploaded to her YouTube channel, "Jo Hoe-ryeon: Jo Hye-ryeon."

Jo Hye-ryeon debuted in 1993 through a special recruitment by KBS, while Kim Gura debuted in the same year through an open recruitment by SBS. The two looked back on the years, saying they became close while working together on the MBC variety show "Sebakwi" (2008–2015) and the SBS program "Bungeoppang" (2009–2015).

When Jo Hye-ryeon said, "Gura didn't have warmth back then. Neither of us had any peace of mind," Kim Gura remarked, "Didn't you run five shaved ice shops back then too?" referring to Jo Hye-ryeon, who also lacked peace of mind at the time.

Jo Hye-ryeon expressed her bitterness, saying, "That's right. I messed it all up," and hinted at the difficulties of running a shaved ice shop during the winter season, remarking, "It was so cold in the winter."

It is known that Jo Hye-ryeon operated five stores in the Gyeonggi-do area about 10 years ago, during the early days when Sulbing was expanding into a franchise business.

A few months ago, Jo Hye-ryeon mentioned this on another YouTube broadcast, stating, "I opened a store in Incheon when there were only 13 stores nationwide." She said that she entered the market as a frontrunner, and the business did so well that customers would line up; she was so excited that she was thinking about the store even while attending church services. She added, "I got greedy, so I looked for a location whenever I saw a second-floor spot. That is why I opened five locations."

However, expanding the business was a risky move. Jo Hye-ryeon stated that she failed the business because it was difficult to get through the winter off-season, saying, "People don't eat it in the winter because it's cold." He stated, “As time went by, things became so difficult that I sold them one by one at a loss. That’s how I learned about life.”