Cafeアルバイト Who Appeared for 5 Seconds on 'What Do You Do?' Becomes Lead Actor… Choi Geon: "SNS Followers Growing in Real-Time"

Actor Choi Geon looked back on the time he nurtured his dream of becoming an actor by continuing to audition and submit profiles after he began his career. Starting with a chance appearance on a variety show, he has been steadily building his filmography by taking on various roles, ranging from minor parts to supporting roles.We recently met with Choi Geon at the office in Jungnim-dong, Seoul, to discuss his pre-debut preparation process and his growth as an actor through his various projects.After starting his acting career in 2022, Choi spent about two years going back and forth between academies and practice studios to learn acting and consistently auditioned. He said, It was tough, but I never thought about quitting. At the time, I hadnt even properly worked on a project yet. He added, I thought I would only be able to have such concerns after actually trying things out, but I felt I hadnt even reached that stage yet.While preparing for his acting career, he supported himself by working part-time jobs. After working at a lasagna restaurant for about a year and three months, he moved to a cafe in Namdaemun. While working here, he made an unexpected appearance on MBCs *Hangout with Yoo* for about five seconds.Choi Geon recalled, The day before my part-time job, a notice was posted in our group chat saying something like, There is filming tomorrow, so be aware of it. Since I usually delivered coffee to market vendors, I wondered, Even if they come for filming, will I have any use for it? He continued, I returned from a delivery, and coincidentally, a camera crew and Yoo Jae-suk were passing by. I ended up appearing on the show purely by chance. Despite the brief appearance, the reaction was immediate. Choi Geon revealed, After the broadcast, I could see my social media follower count increasing in real time. That was when I first realized the power of television.Choi Geons first filming project was the Netflix series *Plaza*. Although the show was released last year, filming took place in 2024. He recalled, Everything was new to me. Rather than thinking, I have to do well, my biggest thought was, Lets not get criticized. Just being on set was fascinating.After experiencing the actual filming set, his resolve to become an actor became even clearer. Choi Geon said, Before that, I practiced alone in a studio and attended acting academies. Since I had never been on a set, I didnt know if this job suited me or if I would enjoy it. He continued, Once I actually went out to film, I thought, I want to try more, and I want to stand in that position.In 2024, about two years after he began preparing for his acting career, he made his official public debut with the web drama *0th Period is Insider Time*. Last year, he played the role of the keyboardist for the group Gold Boys in ENAs *Idol Eye*, working alongside Kim Jae-young and others.Although he took on relatively minor roles after debuting as a lead in a web drama, he felt no regret. Choi Geon explained, I thought that suddenly taking on a major role when I didnt have much experience could actually be dangerous for an actor, adding, So I thought it was better to learn by gaining experience step by step, starting with small roles.He also learned a great deal from the senior actors he met on *Idol Eye*. He said, At first, I felt a bit awkward because of the age difference with the older cast members, but they treated me like a younger brother. My role didnt have much screen time, but it was a truly precious opportunity.He specifically mentioned Kim Jae-youngs thoughtfulness as something he remembers. Choi Geon recalled, When I was filming my scene, Jae-young hyung was looking at the monitor and told me, Since the camera angle is like this right now, I think it would look better if you did it this way, before leaving. He continued, He must have been busy taking care of his own filming, but I was really grateful that he watched my shoot and gave me advice. That was when I thought that I wanted to become an actor like him someday.Choi Geon revealed that he still keeps in touch with the cast of Idol I from time to time. He expressed his gratitude, saying, I was able to be with good people who guided me from the side, rather than having to handle everything alone. The fact that I could learn from that process itself was wonderful.Choi Geon revealed that he continues to meet with the cast of Idol I occasionally. Choi Geon, who has steadily built up experience through minor and supporting roles, will meet viewers next year with a significantly larger role as the sub-lead Moon Ki-sung in his upcoming project, *What I Decided to Die*. We look forward to seeing how he incorporates what he has seen and learned on set into this new role.
Actor Choi Geon looked back on the time he nurtured his dream of becoming an actor by continuing to audition and submit profiles after he began his career. Starting with a chance appearance on a variety show, he has been steadily building his filmography by taking on various roles, ranging from minor parts to supporting roles.We recently met with Choi Geon at the office in Jungnim-dong, Seoul, to discuss his pre-debut preparation process and his growth as an actor through his various projects.After starting his acting career in 2022, Choi spent about two years going back and forth between academies and practice studios to learn acting and consistently auditioned. He said, It was tough, but I never thought about quitting. At the time, I hadnt even properly worked on a project yet. He added, I thought I would only be able to have such concerns after actually trying things out, but I felt I hadnt even reached that stage yet.While preparing for his acting career, he supported himself by working part-time jobs. After working at a lasagna restaurant for about a year and three months, he moved to a cafe in Namdaemun. While working here, he made an unexpected appearance on MBCs *Hangout with Yoo* for about five seconds.Choi Geon recalled, The day before my part-time job, a notice was posted in our group chat saying something like, There is filming tomorrow, so be aware of it. Since I usually delivered coffee to market vendors, I wondered, Even if they come for filming, will I have any use for it? He continued, I returned from a delivery, and coincidentally, a camera crew and Yoo Jae-suk were passing by. I ended up appearing on the show purely by chance. Despite the brief appearance, the reaction was immediate. Choi Geon revealed, After the broadcast, I could see my social media follower count increasing in real time. That was when I first realized the power of television.Choi Geons first filming project was the Netflix series *Plaza*. Although the show was released last year, filming took place in 2024. He recalled, Everything was new to me. Rather than thinking, I have to do well, my biggest thought was, Lets not get criticized. Just being on set was fascinating.After experiencing the actual filming set, his resolve to become an actor became even clearer. Choi Geon said, Before that, I practiced alone in a studio and attended acting academies. Since I had never been on a set, I didnt know if this job suited me or if I would enjoy it. He continued, Once I actually went out to film, I thought, I want to try more, and I want to stand in that position.In 2024, about two years after he began preparing for his acting career, he made his official public debut with the web drama *0th Period is Insider Time*. Last year, he played the role of the keyboardist for the group Gold Boys in ENAs *Idol Eye*, working alongside Kim Jae-young and others.Although he took on relatively minor roles after debuting as a lead in a web drama, he felt no regret. Choi Geon explained, I thought that suddenly taking on a major role when I didnt have much experience could actually be dangerous for an actor, adding, So I thought it was better to learn by gaining experience step by step, starting with small roles.He also learned a great deal from the senior actors he met on *Idol Eye*. He said, At first, I felt a bit awkward because of the age difference with the older cast members, but they treated me like a younger brother. My role didnt have much screen time, but it was a truly precious opportunity.He specifically mentioned Kim Jae-youngs thoughtfulness as something he remembers. Choi Geon recalled, When I was filming my scene, Jae-young hyung was looking at the monitor and told me, Since the camera angle is like this right now, I think it would look better if you did it this way, before leaving. He continued, He must have been busy taking care of his own filming, but I was really grateful that he watched my shoot and gave me advice. That was when I thought that I wanted to become an actor like him someday.Choi Geon revealed that he still keeps in touch with the cast of Idol I from time to time. He expressed his gratitude, saying, I was able to be with good people who guided me from the side, rather than having to handle everything alone. The fact that I could learn from that process itself was wonderful.Choi Geon revealed that he continues to meet with the cast of Idol I occasionally. Choi Geon, who has steadily built up experience through minor and supporting roles, will meet viewers next year with a significantly larger role as the sub-lead Moon Ki-sung in his upcoming project, *What I Decided to Die*. We look forward to seeing how he incorporates what he has seen and learned on set into this new role.
Actor Choi Geon looked back on the time he nurtured his dream of becoming an actor by continuing to audition and submit profiles after he began his career. Starting with a chance appearance on a variety show, he has been steadily building his filmography by taking on various roles, ranging from minor parts to supporting roles.We recently met with Choi Geon at the office in Jungnim-dong, Seoul, to discuss his pre-debut preparation process and his growth as an actor through his various projects.After starting his acting career in 2022, Choi spent about two years going back and forth between academies and practice studios to learn acting and consistently auditioned. He said, It was tough, but I never thought about quitting. At the time, I hadnt even properly worked on a project yet. He added, I thought I would only be able to have such concerns after actually trying things out, but I felt I hadnt even reached that stage yet.While preparing for his acting career, he supported himself by working part-time jobs. After working at a lasagna restaurant for about a year and three months, he moved to a cafe in Namdaemun. While working here, he made an unexpected appearance on MBCs *Hangout with Yoo* for about five seconds.Choi Geon recalled, The day before my part-time job, a notice was posted in our group chat saying something like, There is filming tomorrow, so be aware of it. Since I usually delivered coffee to market vendors, I wondered, Even if they come for filming, will I have any use for it? He continued, I returned from a delivery, and coincidentally, a camera crew and Yoo Jae-suk were passing by. I ended up appearing on the show purely by chance. Despite the brief appearance, the reaction was immediate. Choi Geon revealed, After the broadcast, I could see my social media follower count increasing in real time. That was when I first realized the power of television.Choi Geons first filming project was the Netflix series *Plaza*. Although the show was released last year, filming took place in 2024. He recalled, Everything was new to me. Rather than thinking, I have to do well, my biggest thought was, Lets not get criticized. Just being on set was fascinating.After experiencing the actual filming set, his resolve to become an actor became even clearer. Choi Geon said, Before that, I practiced alone in a studio and attended acting academies. Since I had never been on a set, I didnt know if this job suited me or if I would enjoy it. He continued, Once I actually went out to film, I thought, I want to try more, and I want to stand in that position.In 2024, about two years after he began preparing for his acting career, he made his official public debut with the web drama *0th Period is Insider Time*. Last year, he played the role of the keyboardist for the group Gold Boys in ENAs *Idol Eye*, working alongside Kim Jae-young and others.Although he took on relatively minor roles after debuting as a lead in a web drama, he felt no regret. Choi Geon explained, I thought that suddenly taking on a major role when I didnt have much experience could actually be dangerous for an actor, adding, So I thought it was better to learn by gaining experience step by step, starting with small roles.He also learned a great deal from the senior actors he met on *Idol Eye*. He said, At first, I felt a bit awkward because of the age difference with the older cast members, but they treated me like a younger brother. My role didnt have much screen time, but it was a truly precious opportunity.He specifically mentioned Kim Jae-youngs thoughtfulness as something he remembers. Choi Geon recalled, When I was filming my scene, Jae-young hyung was looking at the monitor and told me, Since the camera angle is like this right now, I think it would look better if you did it this way, before leaving. He continued, He must have been busy taking care of his own filming, but I was really grateful that he watched my shoot and gave me advice. That was when I thought that I wanted to become an actor like him someday.Choi Geon revealed that he still keeps in touch with the cast of Idol I from time to time. He expressed his gratitude, saying, I was able to be with good people who guided me from the side, rather than having to handle everything alone. The fact that I could learn from that process itself was wonderful.Choi Geon revealed that he continues to meet with the cast of Idol I occasionally. Choi Geon, who has steadily built up experience through minor and supporting roles, will meet viewers next year with a significantly larger role as the sub-lead Moon Ki-sung in his upcoming project, *What I Decided to Die*. We look forward to seeing how he incorporates what he has seen and learned on set into this new role.

Actor Choi Geon looked back on the time he nurtured his dream of becoming an actor by continuing to audition and submit profiles after he began his career. Starting with a chance appearance on a variety show, he has been steadily building his filmography by taking on various roles, ranging from minor parts to supporting roles.

We recently met with Choi Geon at the office in Jungnim-dong, Seoul, to discuss his pre-debut preparation process and his growth as an actor through his various projects.

After starting his acting career in 2022, Choi spent about two years going back and forth between academies and practice studios to learn acting and consistently auditioned. He said, "It was tough, but I never thought about quitting. At the time, I hadn't even properly worked on a project yet." He added, "I thought I would only be able to have such concerns after actually trying things out, but I felt I hadn't even reached that stage yet."

While preparing for his acting career, he supported himself by working part-time jobs. After working at a lasagna restaurant for about a year and three months, he moved to a cafe in Namdaemun. While working here, he made an unexpected appearance on MBC's *Hangout with Yoo* for about five seconds.

Choi Geon recalled, "The day before my part-time job, a notice was posted in our group chat saying something like, 'There is filming tomorrow, so be aware of it.' Since I usually delivered coffee to market vendors, I wondered, 'Even if they come for filming, will I have any use for it?'" He continued, "I returned from a delivery, and coincidentally, a camera crew and Yoo Jae-suk were passing by. I ended up appearing on the show purely by chance." Despite the brief appearance, the reaction was immediate. Choi Geon revealed, "After the broadcast, I could see my social media follower count increasing in real time. That was when I first realized the power of television."

Choi Geon's first filming project was the Netflix series *Plaza*. Although the show was released last year, filming took place in 2024. He recalled, "Everything was new to me. Rather than thinking, 'I have to do well,' my biggest thought was, 'Let's not get criticized.' Just being on set was fascinating."

After experiencing the actual filming set, his resolve to become an actor became even clearer. Choi Geon said, "Before that, I practiced alone in a studio and attended acting academies. Since I had never been on a set, I didn't know if this job suited me or if I would enjoy it." He continued, "Once I actually went out to film, I thought, 'I want to try more,' and 'I want to stand in that position.'"

In 2024, about two years after he began preparing for his acting career, he made his official public debut with the web drama *0th Period is Insider Time*. Last year, he played the role of the keyboardist for the group Gold Boys in ENA's *Idol Eye*, working alongside Kim Jae-young and others.

Although he took on relatively minor roles after debuting as a lead in a web drama, he felt no regret. Choi Geon explained, "I thought that suddenly taking on a major role when I didn't have much experience could actually be dangerous for an actor," adding, "So I thought it was better to learn by gaining experience step by step, starting with small roles."

He also learned a great deal from the senior actors he met on *Idol Eye*. He said, "At first, I felt a bit awkward because of the age difference with the older cast members, but they treated me like a younger brother. My role didn't have much screen time, but it was a truly precious opportunity."

He specifically mentioned Kim Jae-young's thoughtfulness as something he remembers. Choi Geon recalled, "When I was filming my scene, Jae-young hyung was looking at the monitor and told me, 'Since the camera angle is like this right now, I think it would look better if you did it this way,' before leaving." He continued, "He must have been busy taking care of his own filming, but I was really grateful that he watched my shoot and gave me advice. That was when I thought that I wanted to become an actor like him someday."

Choi Geon revealed that he still keeps in touch with the cast of 'Idol I' from time to time. He expressed his gratitude, saying, "I was able to be with good people who guided me from the side, rather than having to handle everything alone. The fact that I could learn from that process itself was wonderful."

Choi Geon revealed that he continues to meet with the cast of 'Idol I' occasionally. Choi Geon, who has steadily built up experience through minor and supporting roles, will meet viewers next year with a significantly larger role as the sub-lead Moon Ki-sung in his upcoming project, *What I Decided to Die*. We look forward to seeing how he incorporates what he has seen and learned on set into this new role.