While YouTuber Park Wi has not been engaging in any significant new activities following the controversy over the release of CCTV footage regarding his fall on a KTX train, his wife, Song Ji-eun (formerly of the group Secret), shed tears on a broadcast.
Song Ji-eun appeared on the CBS TV program "Renew Us," which aired on the 14th, and co-hosted the show with singer Joo Young-hoon and comedian Lee Jung-soo.
On this episode, Elder Jin Sung-ae, who lost her 17-year-old son, made an appearance. Song Ji-eun shed tears while listening to Elder Jin's story.
Song Ji-eun said, "It must have been a very difficult thing to say, but I am so grateful that you shared your life for the sake of so many people today."
She continued to offer comfort, saying, "We often call children 'angels,' don't we? It seems like an angel visited this family."
She added, "I am so grateful that you have allowed me to live with the hope that I, too, will become a footprint leaving the fragrance of Jesus in my family's life and in the lives of others."
However, since the actual recording time of "Renew Us" has not been confirmed, it is difficult to directly link the tears Song Ji-eun shed that day with Park Wi's recent controversy.
Last month, her husband, Park Wi, suffered an accident while disembarking from a KTX train in his wheelchair; his wheelchair wheel got caught on the foot of a social service worker assisting him, causing him to fall. He subsequently released CCTV footage of the accident on his YouTube channel, "Wiracle."
While Park Wi expressed displeasure regarding the situation, criticism arose that releasing the video was excessive, especially since the worker had apologized immediately after the accident.
As the controversy escalated, Park Wi deleted the video and issued an apology.
He stated, "I failed to consider the position of the worker who did their best to help me at the scene and apologized politely," adding, "I viewed the mistake that occurred during the process of trying to better assist me in a negative light." He further remarked, "My delivery was immature, and I was short-sighted."
Following the controversy, the number of subscribers to Park Wi's YouTube channel dropped below 1 million, and scheduled lectures were canceled. Park Wi has not engaged in any significant new YouTube activities for about three weeks since the controversy.
☞Gonggam Media