“Confinement in a psychiatric hospital” Shim Soo-bong, even forced drug injections… ‘Sad past’ revealed after Kim Da-hyun’s slip of the tongue

As singer Shim Soo-bong becomes embroiled in controversy over remarks directed at junior singer Kim Da-hyun, her turbulent life story, which she previously shared, is also drawing renewed attention.Shim Soo-bong found herself at the center of controversy after making comments on the stage of the 10th Jinan Plateau Trot Festival held in Jinan-gun, Jeonbuk on the 20th, which were interpreted as targeting Kim Da-hyun, who performed before her.At the time, Shim Soo-bong said, She made my head spin. It seems this young lady doesnt know what singing is or what life is, adding, Please dont let that performer come before me in the future. I feel so dizzy right now that I think Im going to collapse.As these remarks spread online, criticism followed that she had criticized a junior singer 55 years her junior too harshly in a public setting.Ultimately, the following day, Shim Soo-bong apologized through her agency, stating, I literally made a slip of the tongue on stage at a provincial trot festival watched by many people. While explaining that she suffered significant stress due to the noise at the event venue at the time, she bowed her head and said, I have no words to express my apologies, even if I had ten mouths, for the fact that I blurted out words that defied common sense at an inappropriate moment. She added that she had personally conveyed her apologies to Kim Da-hyun and her family.Amidst this, the sound-related illness that Shim Soo-bong revealed on a past broadcast is drawing renewed attention.In 2012, Shim Soo-bong appeared on KBS2s *Kim Seung-woos Win Win* and revealed that she was diagnosed with a rare disease known as neuroinflammation around the age of 16. She recalled that she lived on an island for recuperation after being diagnosed with a condition that instructed her not to listen to sounds.She also confessed that she was misunderstood by those around her due to her behavior caused by the illness, and that she even faced the risk of blindness after suffering intraocular hemorrhage due to verbal abuse.Shim Soo-bongs ordeals did not end there. She rose to fame singing That Person Back Then at the 1977 University Song Festival, but subsequently faced severe repercussions for being present at the scene of the October 26 Incident in 1979.Shim Soo-bong claimed in a past broadcast that she was forcibly admitted to a psychiatric hospital for nearly a month following the incident. Recalling the situation at the time, she stated, No matter how much I said I wasnt mentally ill, they injected me with drugs.She also claimed that her husband was dragged away and tortured at the time. Shim Soo-bong revealed that she had to listen to her husbands cries of pain from the next room and was even subjected to electric torture.Subsequently restricted from broadcasting activities, Shim Soo-bong made a living by singing at nightclubs, and successfully made a comeback in 1984 when her song Men Are Ships, Women Are Harbors received great love.Shim Soo-bong recently admitted that her remarks regarding Kim Da-hyun were a slip of the tongue and apologized. As the controversy continues, attention is once again focusing on the turbulent life she personally shared in the past.
As singer Shim Soo-bong becomes embroiled in controversy over remarks directed at junior singer Kim Da-hyun, her turbulent life story, which she previously shared, is also drawing renewed attention.Shim Soo-bong found herself at the center of controversy after making comments on the stage of the 10th Jinan Plateau Trot Festival held in Jinan-gun, Jeonbuk on the 20th, which were interpreted as targeting Kim Da-hyun, who performed before her.At the time, Shim Soo-bong said, She made my head spin. It seems this young lady doesnt know what singing is or what life is, adding, Please dont let that performer come before me in the future. I feel so dizzy right now that I think Im going to collapse.As these remarks spread online, criticism followed that she had criticized a junior singer 55 years her junior too harshly in a public setting.Ultimately, the following day, Shim Soo-bong apologized through her agency, stating, I literally made a slip of the tongue on stage at a provincial trot festival watched by many people. While explaining that she suffered significant stress due to the noise at the event venue at the time, she bowed her head and said, I have no words to express my apologies, even if I had ten mouths, for the fact that I blurted out words that defied common sense at an inappropriate moment. She added that she had personally conveyed her apologies to Kim Da-hyun and her family.Amidst this, the sound-related illness that Shim Soo-bong revealed on a past broadcast is drawing renewed attention.In 2012, Shim Soo-bong appeared on KBS2s *Kim Seung-woos Win Win* and revealed that she was diagnosed with a rare disease known as neuroinflammation around the age of 16. She recalled that she lived on an island for recuperation after being diagnosed with a condition that instructed her not to listen to sounds.She also confessed that she was misunderstood by those around her due to her behavior caused by the illness, and that she even faced the risk of blindness after suffering intraocular hemorrhage due to verbal abuse.Shim Soo-bongs ordeals did not end there. She rose to fame singing That Person Back Then at the 1977 University Song Festival, but subsequently faced severe repercussions for being present at the scene of the October 26 Incident in 1979.Shim Soo-bong claimed in a past broadcast that she was forcibly admitted to a psychiatric hospital for nearly a month following the incident. Recalling the situation at the time, she stated, No matter how much I said I wasnt mentally ill, they injected me with drugs.She also claimed that her husband was dragged away and tortured at the time. Shim Soo-bong revealed that she had to listen to her husbands cries of pain from the next room and was even subjected to electric torture.Subsequently restricted from broadcasting activities, Shim Soo-bong made a living by singing at nightclubs, and successfully made a comeback in 1984 when her song Men Are Ships, Women Are Harbors received great love.Shim Soo-bong recently admitted that her remarks regarding Kim Da-hyun were a slip of the tongue and apologized. As the controversy continues, attention is once again focusing on the turbulent life she personally shared in the past.
As singer Shim Soo-bong becomes embroiled in controversy over remarks directed at junior singer Kim Da-hyun, her turbulent life story, which she previously shared, is also drawing renewed attention.Shim Soo-bong found herself at the center of controversy after making comments on the stage of the 10th Jinan Plateau Trot Festival held in Jinan-gun, Jeonbuk on the 20th, which were interpreted as targeting Kim Da-hyun, who performed before her.At the time, Shim Soo-bong said, She made my head spin. It seems this young lady doesnt know what singing is or what life is, adding, Please dont let that performer come before me in the future. I feel so dizzy right now that I think Im going to collapse.As these remarks spread online, criticism followed that she had criticized a junior singer 55 years her junior too harshly in a public setting.Ultimately, the following day, Shim Soo-bong apologized through her agency, stating, I literally made a slip of the tongue on stage at a provincial trot festival watched by many people. While explaining that she suffered significant stress due to the noise at the event venue at the time, she bowed her head and said, I have no words to express my apologies, even if I had ten mouths, for the fact that I blurted out words that defied common sense at an inappropriate moment. She added that she had personally conveyed her apologies to Kim Da-hyun and her family.Amidst this, the sound-related illness that Shim Soo-bong revealed on a past broadcast is drawing renewed attention.In 2012, Shim Soo-bong appeared on KBS2s *Kim Seung-woos Win Win* and revealed that she was diagnosed with a rare disease known as neuroinflammation around the age of 16. She recalled that she lived on an island for recuperation after being diagnosed with a condition that instructed her not to listen to sounds.She also confessed that she was misunderstood by those around her due to her behavior caused by the illness, and that she even faced the risk of blindness after suffering intraocular hemorrhage due to verbal abuse.Shim Soo-bongs ordeals did not end there. She rose to fame singing That Person Back Then at the 1977 University Song Festival, but subsequently faced severe repercussions for being present at the scene of the October 26 Incident in 1979.Shim Soo-bong claimed in a past broadcast that she was forcibly admitted to a psychiatric hospital for nearly a month following the incident. Recalling the situation at the time, she stated, No matter how much I said I wasnt mentally ill, they injected me with drugs.She also claimed that her husband was dragged away and tortured at the time. Shim Soo-bong revealed that she had to listen to her husbands cries of pain from the next room and was even subjected to electric torture.Subsequently restricted from broadcasting activities, Shim Soo-bong made a living by singing at nightclubs, and successfully made a comeback in 1984 when her song Men Are Ships, Women Are Harbors received great love.Shim Soo-bong recently admitted that her remarks regarding Kim Da-hyun were a slip of the tongue and apologized. As the controversy continues, attention is once again focusing on the turbulent life she personally shared in the past.

As singer Shim Soo-bong becomes embroiled in controversy over remarks directed at junior singer Kim Da-hyun, her turbulent life story, which she previously shared, is also drawing renewed attention.

Shim Soo-bong found herself at the center of controversy after making comments on the stage of the "10th Jinan Plateau Trot Festival" held in Jinan-gun, Jeonbuk on the 20th, which were interpreted as targeting Kim Da-hyun, who performed before her.

At the time, Shim Soo-bong said, "She made my head spin. It seems this young lady doesn't know what singing is or what life is," adding, "Please don't let that performer come before me in the future. I feel so dizzy right now that I think I'm going to collapse."

As these remarks spread online, criticism followed that she had criticized a junior singer 55 years her junior too harshly in a public setting.

Ultimately, the following day, Shim Soo-bong apologized through her agency, stating, "I literally made a slip of the tongue on stage at a provincial trot festival watched by many people." While explaining that she suffered significant stress due to the noise at the event venue at the time, she bowed her head and said, "I have no words to express my apologies, even if I had ten mouths, for the fact that I blurted out words that defied common sense at an inappropriate moment." She added that she had personally conveyed her apologies to Kim Da-hyun and her family.

Amidst this, the sound-related illness that Shim Soo-bong revealed on a past broadcast is drawing renewed attention.

In 2012, Shim Soo-bong appeared on KBS2's *Kim Seung-woo's Win Win* and revealed that she was diagnosed with a rare disease known as "neuroinflammation" around the age of 16. She recalled that she lived on an island for recuperation after being diagnosed with a condition that instructed her not to listen to sounds.

She also confessed that she was misunderstood by those around her due to her behavior caused by the illness, and that she even faced the risk of blindness after suffering intraocular hemorrhage due to verbal abuse.

Shim Soo-bong's ordeals did not end there. She rose to fame singing "That Person Back Then" at the 1977 University Song Festival, but subsequently faced severe repercussions for being present at the scene of the October 26 Incident in 1979.

Shim Soo-bong claimed in a past broadcast that she was forcibly admitted to a psychiatric hospital for nearly a month following the incident. Recalling the situation at the time, she stated, "No matter how much I said I wasn't mentally ill, they injected me with drugs."

She also claimed that her husband was dragged away and tortured at the time. Shim Soo-bong revealed that she had to listen to her husband's cries of pain from the next room and was even subjected to electric torture.

Subsequently restricted from broadcasting activities, Shim Soo-bong made a living by singing at nightclubs, and successfully made a comeback in 1984 when her song "Men Are Ships, Women Are Harbors" received great love.

Shim Soo-bong recently admitted that her remarks regarding Kim Da-hyun were a "slip of the tongue" and apologized. As the controversy continues, attention is once again focusing on the turbulent life she personally shared in the past.