20 Years in Broadcasting Kim Sae-rom… Speech Instructor: "Inaccurate Pronunciation, Lack of Vocalization"

Broadcaster Kim Sae-rom revealed that she was shocked after being criticized for her poor pronunciation during a speech class.On the 23rd, Kim Sae-rom met with a speech expert on her YouTube channel.Kim Sae-rom said, A while ago, I went to a speech academy to take a step closer to my dream. I ended up getting thoroughly shaken out, just like a spin dryer.Kim Sae-rom continued, I didnt think my pronunciation was that great either, but I didnt expect to get scolded like this. Fortunately, the director meticulously pointed out every single detail, so I learned a great deal, for which I am very grateful.She added, I realized that speaking isnt something that can be achieved simply by fixing speaking habits. If there are people who want to develop a likable way of speaking, this video will be very helpful.Kim Sae-rom said, Its so strange that Ive been in broadcasting for 20 years, yet my pronunciation isnt good. I cant say Gag Concert. I cant say geu. The pronunciation Im worst at is I am Kim Sae-rom.She added, While watching YouTube, I realized my way of speaking was too legacy (broadcast-oriented). Im someone who lived through the rough 2000s. Back then, you had to step in as soon as someone finished speaking, like taking a number ticket. My way of speaking felt so unnatural. I came to a speech academy because I wanted to learn how to speak naturally in everyday life.When the speech instructor remarked, Your face and body are top-notch, but there are times when your language is a bit jarring, Kim Sae-rom drew laughter by saying, Back in my day, being a bit of a ditzy person was kind of a trend.Im Yu-jeong said, Ill tell you a few things about Kim Sae-roms voice. First, your pronunciation is inaccurate. I watched about 20 YouTube videos. I think subtitles are necessary. I couldnt understand a single word.He added, Second, vocalization is lacking. You need to use your upper body to provide stability. Third is the tone of voice. Words stem from thoughts. Density in speech arises only when there is density in thought, and right now, the ability to draw thoughts out densely and deeply is required. Fourth, you cannot hear your own words. Your tone is high and fast. If I cannot hear my own words, I lose control.☞Gonggam Media

Broadcaster Kim Sae-rom revealed that she was shocked after being criticized for her poor pronunciation during a speech class.

On the 23rd, Kim Sae-rom met with a speech expert on her YouTube channel.

Kim Sae-rom said, "A while ago, I went to a speech academy to take a step closer to my dream. I ended up getting thoroughly shaken out, just like a spin dryer."

Kim Sae-rom continued, "I didn't think my pronunciation was that great either, but I didn't expect to get scolded like this. Fortunately, the director meticulously pointed out every single detail, so I learned a great deal, for which I am very grateful."

She added, "I realized that speaking isn't something that can be achieved simply by fixing speaking habits. If there are people who want to develop a likable way of speaking, this video will be very helpful."

Kim Sae-rom said, "It’s so strange that I’ve been in broadcasting for 20 years, yet my pronunciation isn’t good. I can’t say ‘Gag Concert.’ I can’t say ‘geu.’ The pronunciation I’m worst at is ‘I am Kim Sae-rom.’"

She added, "While watching YouTube, I realized my way of speaking was too 'legacy' (broadcast-oriented). I’m someone who lived through the rough 2000s. Back then, you had to step in as soon as someone finished speaking, like taking a number ticket. My way of speaking felt so unnatural. I came to a speech academy because I wanted to learn how to speak naturally in everyday life."

When the speech instructor remarked, "Your face and body are top-notch, but there are times when your language is a bit jarring," Kim Sae-rom drew laughter by saying, "Back in my day, being a bit of a ditzy person was kind of a trend."

Im Yu-jeong said, "I’ll tell you a few things about Kim Sae-rom’s voice. First, your pronunciation is inaccurate. I watched about 20 YouTube videos. I think subtitles are necessary. I couldn’t understand a single word."

He added, "Second, vocalization is lacking. You need to use your upper body to provide stability. Third is the tone of voice. Words stem from thoughts. Density in speech arises only when there is density in thought, and right now, the ability to draw thoughts out densely and deeply is required. Fourth, you cannot hear your own words. Your tone is high and fast. If I cannot hear my own words, I lose control."

☞Gonggam Media