'17th Asiana International Short Film Festival' Ahn Sung-ki Jang Joon-hwan and Park Seo-joon will unearth the hidden newcomers in the short story

The 17th Asiana International Short Film Festival introduces various short films.From director Jang Joon-hwan to Park Seo-joon, judges, composed of colorful lineups, vowed to find hidden newcomers through objective screening.The 17th Asian International Short Film Festival is the first international competition festival in Korea to discover the dynamic energy of the movies future, Cinema16: American Short Films, and enjoy international trends.A total of 5782 exhibitors from 118 countries participated in the competition, with 54 international competitions from 35 countries and 15 domestic competitions entering the Film Festival finals.The 17th Asiana International Short Film Festival will be held from October 31 to November 5 at the Cinecube Gwanghwamun branch in Seoul and the complex cultural space.How do you feel about the 17th episode?Were making a little progress every time. There are changes in the Film Festival itself, but we feel that the capabilities of the short stories have also increased.The skills of those who use it are increasing, so what we have done now is not much different from the first, but it seems to be developing little by little.Just as the casting market that connects actors and short directors has a new one, we will increase if there is a new idea based on what we have done before. (Ahn Sung-ki)▲ Opening works Predators and Bermuda, what works were selected?I have selected two films that deal with the movie-like stories that have happened to the protagonist and two stories that are possible in the movie.I chose the works that can enjoy pure cinematic fun for the 100th anniversary of Korean film.  (Ji Se-yeon Programmer)▲ What changes have been made in this years Film Festival entries?I always had a lot of drama movies, but this year I thought that the quality of genre films has increased.Women were often drawn as social underdogs, and there were many works that were drawn independently because of the increase in female directors.  (Ji Se-yeon Programmer)▲ What is the direction of the competition?Its also a burden to judge. I feel sorry for judging by some standards, because I think that movies are created by meeting with audiences.But it seems to be a good festival for the Film Festival, which presents the way to make the next short story.I will do my best to prevent anyone from being a judge, and I will pick the works that the judges think.  (Jang Joon-hwan Judge)What are your comments on being selected as a special review committee?I wanted to be able to do some screenings, and I didnt get to see short films often during my career, but I was grateful that I had the opportunity to do this often.I try to look at it as objectively as I can, and Im given a lot of opportunities now, but there are many actors who are eager and hard-prepared like me before that.I will have a heart that many actors in these short films are recognized and helped to be known.  (Park Seo-joon)

The 17th Asiana International Short Film Festival introduces various short films. From director Jang Joon-hwan to Park Seo-joon, judges, composed of colorful lineups, vowed to find hidden newcomers through objective screening.

The 17th Asian International Short Film Festival is the first international competition festival in Korea to discover the dynamic energy of the movie's future, Cinema16: American Short Films, and enjoy international trends.

A total of 5782 exhibitors from 118 countries participated in the competition, with 54 international competitions from 35 countries and 15 domestic competitions entering the Film Festival finals.

The 17th Asiana International Short Film Festival will be held from October 31 to November 5 at the Cinecube Gwanghwamun branch in Seoul and the complex cultural space.

How do you feel about the 17th episode?

“We’re making a little progress every time. There are changes in the Film Festival itself, but we feel that the capabilities of the short stories have also increased. The skills of those who use it are increasing, so what we have done now is not much different from the first, but it seems to be developing little by little. Just as the casting market that connects actors and short directors has a new one, we will increase if there is a new idea based on what we have done before." (Ahn Sung-ki)

▲ Opening works 'Predators' and 'Bermuda', what works were selected?

“I have selected two films that deal with the movie-like stories that have happened to the protagonist and two stories that are possible in the movie. I chose the works that can enjoy pure cinematic fun for the 100th anniversary of Korean film. " (Ji Se-yeon Programmer)

▲ What changes have been made in this year's Film Festival entries?

“I always had a lot of drama movies, but this year I thought that the quality of genre films has increased. Women were often drawn as social underdogs, and there were many works that were drawn independently because of the increase in female directors. " (Ji Se-yeon Programmer)

▲ What is the direction of the competition?

“It’s also a burden to judge. I feel sorry for judging by some standards, because I think that movies are created by meeting with audiences. But it seems to be a good festival for the Film Festival, which presents the way to make the next short story. I will do my best to prevent anyone from being a judge, and I will pick the works that the judges think. " (Jang Joon-hwan Judge)

What are your comments on being selected as a special review committee?

“I wanted to be able to do some screenings, and I didn’t get to see short films often during my career, but I was grateful that I had the opportunity to do this often. I try to look at it as objectively as I can, and I’m given a lot of opportunities now, but there are many actors who are eager and hard-prepared like me before that. I will have a heart that many actors in these short films are recognized and helped to be known. " (Park Seo-joon)